TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Charges have been filed against a Lafayette man suspected of sexually assaulting a woman in late October.
On Oct. 25, LPD detectives placed 21-year-old Julio Pina of Lafayette under arrest for rape.
Court documents state that Pina described having assaulted a woman outside of the Dollar General on Creasy Lane on the morning of Oct. 22.
Pina said he had been walking behind a car dealership when he spotted the woman at her car in the parking lot of the adjacent discount store.
After making sure there were no police in the vicinity, he said he grabbed her and pushed her to the ground.
After first physically violating the victim, Pina then proceeded to have intercourse with her, leaving the scene afterward.
His account of the attack matched the report given to police by the victim.
On Oct. 31, Pina was charged with two counts of rape.
- Charges filed against Lafayette man in sexual assault case
- Lafayette man admits to armed robbery, charges filed
- Charges filed against man in Meadowbrook Drive shooting case
- Lawsuit filed against Diocese of Lafayette over sexual abuse
- Lafayette man charged after alleged sexual relationship with a minor
- Lafayette man charge with kidnapping
- Drug charges filed against Rensselaer man
- Fired Lafayette elementary teacher faces additional charges of sexual misconduct
- Charges filed against drug suspects
- Lafayette man charged in hatchet attack