WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A series of events kick off Saturday on Purdue University's campus, including several games, Purdue Grand Prix and the Challenge 5K.
This could cause some inconvenience for people trying to park and drive around the area.
The weekend kicks off near Ross-Ade Stadium with the Purdue Challenge 5K at 8:30 a.m. Cherry Lane will be closed from around 8:20 until 8:50 a.m.
Delays can also be expected on Lindberg Road and Northwestern Avenue. One southbound lane of Northwestern will also be closed from Lindberg Road to Cherry Lane during the Challenge.
Things get tricky later in the day for the 62nd running of the Grand Prix because there are several other sporting events taking place, including softball, baseball, tennis and golf.
This means there will be no parking for Grand Prix fans at or around the Northwest Athletic Complex. People headed to the race are asked to park in the Discovery lot at Nimitz Drive and Gates Road.
From there a shuttle will take them to the race.
Purdue Police Chief John Cox said it's important to know what you're getting into before driving near campus.
"Really just planning ahead will alleviate some of your headaches when you come into town, especially with some of the construction we have going on," said Cox.
- Going to campus this weekend? All the traffic changes you need to know
- Spring Fest to take over Purdue's campus this weekend
- Purdue campus bars brace for Grand Prix weekend
- Purdue opens new campus gateway in time for commencement weekend
- Campus bars and City of West Lafayette prepare for Grand Prix Weekend
- Weekend Outlook
- Franciscan Health Lafayette East's campus expanding
- Purdue prepares for additional campus housing
- Campus wide power outage reported at Purdue
- Spring Fest brings family fun to campus