FRANKFORT, Ind (WLFI) — The new IU Health Frankfort Hospital is one step closer to opening its doors to serve the community of Frankfort. Steel plates were put into position above the entrance to the hospital in a "Topping Off" ceremony.
Topping Off is a construction project tradition marking an important milestone of the job. People were able to sign the plates to leave their own personal mark on the legacy project. Kelly Braverman, President of IU Health Frankfort Hospital, said the hospital is exactly what the community needs.
"It's going to be modern. It's going to have all the amenities that you would hope for and dream for a brand new facility," said Braverman.
The hospital is expected to officially open its doors Fall of 2020.
- Ceremony marks important milestone in new Frankfort Hospital
- Children's hospital celebrates $50M fundraising milestone
- New IU Health hospital coming to Frankfort
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary
- Storms cause damage in Frankfort
- Frankfort holiday trash collection schedule
- Frankfort Mayor addresses wall concerns
- Shade concerns at Frankfort Zoo
- New development "revitalizes" downtown Frankfort
- Frankfort fire under careful watch