LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI)—It was all about coming together for a bigger cause at Central Presbyterian Church Saturday.
It hosted its meal packing event on Saturday.
This is the church's second year teaming up with the non-profit organization, Rise Against Hunger.
Last year 10,000 meals were packed for the international organization.
This year they hope to pack 20,000.
Event organizer Wil Reinowski said packing meals to rise against hunger will send a bigger message to the community.
"We hope that it will show a good way to care for folks and we're a community that cares about the world," said Reinowski.
The non-profit organization Rise Against Hunger distributed 800 million meals worldwide last year.
- Central Presbyterian Church in Lafayette packs meals for a purpose
- 150,000 meals packed to 'Hammer Down Hunger'
- Running for a purpose
- Ivy Tech Community College Lafayette packs 10,000 meals for Days of Service
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- International students help deliver meals to people in Greater Lafayette
- Packing a punch against Parkinson's
- Benton Central tops West Lafayette 44-39
- Lafayette church getting a $480,000 facelift
- Community churches and volunteers come together to help "Pack Away Hunger"