LEBANON, Ind. (AP) — A central Indiana pediatrician charged with sexually abusing three boys has voluntarily surrendered his medical license for 90 days.
Attorney General Curtis Hill announced Thursday that his office has reached an agreement for the surrender with attorneys for 41-year-old Dr. Jonathon Cavins of Jamestown.
Cavins is charged with one count of child molestation involving a 12-year-old boy and two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor and one count of vicarious sexual gratification involving boys 15 and 14 years old. The 12-year-old came forward on Feb. 7, accusing Cavins of fondling him during a routine physical three days earlier at Witham Pediatrics in Lebanon. After the molestation count was filed, Lebanon police detectives interviewed the two older boys.
Cavins currently has a jury trial set for July 8.
- Central IN doc charged with abusing 3 boys gives up license
- Lafayette doctor defends pharmacies for flagging docs
- Court Docs: 27-year-old shared explicit messages with 13-year-old
- Court Docs: 22-year-old traded explicit photos with 14-year-old
- Court docs: Lafayette shooting death was in self defense
- US warns docs not to abruptly halt opioid pain treatment
- West Lafayette boys, girls sweep Rensselaer Central in doubleheader
- Zac Rea takes over Benton Central boy's basketball program
- Carroll County couple faces animal abuse charges
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic vs. Benton Central (BBB)