TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The United States Census Bureau is looking for more than one thousand employees in Tippecanoe County.
The part time positions are being offered for the upcoming 2020 census.
The positions pay around $18 an hour.
Hirees will be paid weekly including training and mileage.
According to U.S. Census Partnership Specialist Heater Maddox, the Census distributes more than 600 billion dollars to states and individuals annually.
She said filling out the census is important to help bring funding to local governments.
"When they apply for grants, when they do things like that they use these statistics to get a piece of that pot,” said Maddox.
Maddox added that this is a good job for anyone looking for work.
"It's a great job for retirees. It's a great second income for students. You know, you can work around your class schedules,” said Maddox.
Census Day is April first. This year’s census can be completed online, through a mail-in form or in person with a census representative.
For more information on how to apply, click here.
- Census Bureau Seeking Part Time Employees
- US Census Bureau: Indiana gains 32K residents in 2018
- The U.S. Census Bueau is Looking to Hire Census Takers in Tippecanoe County
- "Hour Time" clock to become part of family fun park
- States, cities sue US over census citizenship question
- Invention created in part by Purdue professor featured in TIME magazine
- Federal judge strikes down effort to add citizenship question to Census
- Supreme Court blocks 2020 census citizenship question in setback for Trump admin
- 5 things to know for September 13: 2020 Dems, Census case, boat fire, Bahamas, Russia