WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The city of West Lafayette is working to build its first new park in more than 30 years. The community had the chance to help plan what Cason Park will look like, Tuesday.
Lynn Cason donated the 14-acre site on U-S 231 for a new park to surround the old Morris Schoolhouse. Restoration on the building is set to be complete by July.
Once that is complete, work on the park will begin.
Parks Superintendent Kathy Lozano said a major goal is for the park to match the schoolhouse. However it should also represent people who live here.
"It's very important to get public input into what is needed what is wanted, we want people to come and enjoy this park," said Lozano.
Architects will use all of the community input to start planning. There will be another public meeting on April 30.
- Cason Park planning underway
- Designs for Cason Family Park begin!
- Happy Hollow Park construction is underway
- Industrial Roundtable underway
- Manufacturing "Week" underway
- Active shooter training underway
- Merou Grotto Demolition Underway
- 30-year master plan for Discovery Park revealed
- Our Warming Trend is Underway
- Purdue's 'Scale Up' Conference underway