WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — After averaging 30.0 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game in two contests last week, Purdue junior guard Carsen Edwards was named the Big Ten Player of the Week the league office announced Monday.
Edwards shares the honor with Wisconsin's Ethan Happ for the second time this year. Edwards also won the award on Nov. 12.
In a homecoming game at Texas, Edwards matched a career high with 40 points, going 15 of 26 from the field (.577) and 7 of 14 (.500) from 3-point range, while adding four rebounds and three assists. The 40 points were the 10th most in a non-conference game in school history and the most since Glenn Robinson scored 44 points against Kansas in March 1994.
His two career 40-point games are the third most for an active player and the most among major-college players. His two career 40-point games are the fifth most in a career in Purdue history.
In the win over No. 23 Maryland, he scored 20 points with four rebounds and three assists. Edwards has scored at least 10 points in 30 straight games and has at least 19 points in all 10 games this season.
This season, Edwards is averaging 25.5 points, 3.8 assists and 3.2 rebounds per game while making 39 or 99 3-pointers (.394). He is shooting 90.2 percent from the free throw line (46 of 51).
He surpassed 1,300 career points in the loss to Texas and is averaging 15.6 points per game in 81 career games.
Purdue heads to Indianapolis on Saturday for the Crossroads Classic, tipping off against Norte Dame at 1:30 p.m. ET, on CBS.
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Player of the Week for second time
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week, Purdue stays put at No. 3
- Vincent Edwards named Big Ten Player of Week
- Carsen Edwards earns Big Ten’s first weekly honor
- Carsen Edwards named top returning player in college basketball
- Carsen Edwards named first-team All-Big Ten, Others receive honors
- Isaac Haas named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Purdue's McGowan named Big Ten Player of Week (Baseball)