WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue guard Carsen Edwards has been named the Big Ten's Player of the Week after leading the 17th-ranked Boilermakers to a pair of victories last weekend.
Purdue, which is tied atop the Big Ten standings at 9-2, defeated Penn State 99-90 and Minnesota 73-63 during the week to run its winning streak to seven games.
Edwards, a junior from Atascocita, Texas, was instrumental in the Boilermakers' victories. He averaged 27.5 points, 3.5 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game in the two victories. In Thursday's win over Penn State, Edwards tallied his fifth 30-point game of the season with a 38-point explosion. Edwards tied a Purdue single-game record with eight 3-pointers, including a big four-point play in the overtime session.
Then in Sunday's win over Minnesota, Edwards overcame a slow start to score 17 points (15 in the second half) with five rebounds, five assists and two steals.
Edwards has scored in double-figures in 42 straight games while ranking fifth nationally in scoring at 24.5 points per game, while also contributing 3.5 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game. He is also among the national leaders in 3-pointers made with 85, good for seventh already on the Purdue single-season list.
Edwards and the Boilermakers will host Nebraska on Saturday at 8:30 p.m. ET. The game is sold out and will be televised by the Big Ten Network.
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week, Purdue stays put at No. 3
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Player of the Week for second time
- Vincent Edwards named Big Ten Player of Week
- Carsen Edwards earns Big Ten’s first weekly honor
- Purdue's McGowan named Big Ten Player of Week (Baseball)
- Purdue's Nick Delesandro named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Carsen Edwards named top returning player in college basketball
- Carsen Edwards named first-team All-Big Ten, Others receive honors