WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Purdue sophomore Carsen Edwards was named Big Ten co-Player of the Week after leading the No. 3-ranked Boilermakers to a pair of decisive victories last week. Edwards shares the honor with Nebraska’s James Palmer Jr.
Edwards, a 6-foot, 1-inch sophomore from Atascocita, Texas, averaged 21.5 points, 5.5 assists and 3.5 steals in Purdue’s wins over Wisconsin (78-50) and Iowa (87-64). He was 17-of-31 (.548) from the field and 9-of-14 (.643) from 3-point range, while also registering just one turnover in 54 minutes of action.
He scored 21 points with a career-high five steals in the win over the Badgers last Tuesday, then added 22 points, a career-high eight assists and two more steals in Saturday’s victory at Iowa.
For the season, Edwards is averaging a team-best 17.2 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game while shooting 48.5 percent from the field and 40.5 percent from 3-point range. He ranks fourth in the Big Ten in scoring, 12th in free throw percentage (.800), 15th in steals (1.1 spg) and sixth in 3-pointers made per game (2.4).
Over the last four games, Edwards is averaging 19.0 points, 3.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 2.3 steals per game while making 17-of-29 (.586) from long distance. He has 19 assists against one turnover in 110 minutes of action during that span.
Purdue returns to the Mackey Arena floor Thursday when it hosts Michigan on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET. The game is sold out and the only contest with tickets remaining for the remainder of the year is the Maryland contest on Jan. 31.
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Co-Player of the Week, Purdue stays put at No. 3
- Carsen Edwards named Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year
- Vincent Edwards named Big Ten Player of Week
- Purdue's McGowan named Big Ten Player of Week (Baseball)
- Purdue's Nick Delesandro named Big Ten Player of the Week
- Carsen Edwards named top returning player in college basketball
- Carsen Edwards named first-team All-Big Ten, Others receive honors
- Purdue's Carsen Edwards named to all-region team (NCAA Tournament)
- Six Purdue baseball players named All-Big Ten
- David Blough named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week