CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A special meeting was held in Carroll County to work out some issues with the county's budget. There were discrepancies involving a total of $85,000.
The county council met with Auditor Beth Myers late Friday afternoon.
President Ann Brown said the Department of Local Government Finance notified the county about two line items. The county had approved $85,000 more for those items than they had advertised.
The council has now made the necessary corrections.
Brown said in the meeting this isn't the first time this has happened.
"We've had issues with different personnel. Every year, we've had a different auditor and there's been kind of a rush to get things done," said Brown. "This year, the auditor was appointed right in the middle of us doing the budget, so there is another change."
Brown said they will take extra steps while planning the next budget to avoid similar issues.
- Carroll Co. works to fix budget issues
- Carroll County given deadline to fix jail overcrowding issues
- Interim Carroll County EMA director works through eventful month
- INDOT working to fix Brookston school zone signal
- Madam Carroll up for sale
- Madam Carroll talks boat safety
- Medical scam reaches Carroll County
- Carroll County is getting a new jail after ongoing overcrowding issue
- Carroll County prosecutor decides to step down
- New prosecutor named in Carroll County