JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people are under arrest after police say they stole a car and led officers on an I-65 chase.
Monday afternoon Indiana State Police began a pursuit going southbound at the 247 mile marker. Jasper County deputies later picked it up near State Road 14. The car exited the interstate and then got back on, going north.
According to the sheriff's office, the car then rear-ended a semi and crashed into a median. Police said two adults ran from the car, leaving three children inside.
Police later found and arrested Destiny Jackson, 21 of Chicago, and Dwayne Strange, 21 of Chicago. Jackson is facing a preliminary charge of auto theft, resisting law enforcement and neglect of a dependent. Strange was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
- Car theft, police chase leads to arrests in Jasper County
- Jasper County man arrested in alleged stabbing
- Jasper County man dead after car catches fire
- Four-county police chase ends in arrest
- Lafayette Car Thefts
- Jasper County man injures 5 officers during arrest
- Boy airlifted after leading police on multi-county chase
- Jasper County man arrested on charges of impersonating a police officer
- Police: Chase suspect rams cruiser, rolls car
- Check fraud attempt at Chase bank leads to 4 arrests