INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Firefighters say a car plunged from the fourth floor of a downtown Indianapolis parking garage, killing a man and a woman inside.
The car landed on its roof after falling shortly before 10 a.m. Wednesday from the Market Square Center Garage. It plowed through a parking garage wall and landed in an alley behind the City Market.
Fire Department Battalion Chief Rita Reith (ryt) says the woman was driving. She and the man were pronounced dead at the scene. Their names haven't been released. Reith says a second man who witnessed the crash was treated for possible shock.
Reith says code enforcement was called to check for structural damage to the garage.
- Car plunges from Indianapolis parking garage, killing 2
- Illinois couple IDed as victims in parking garage plunge
- State Street closures will affect parking garage
- Indianapolis children's museum opening $24.5M outdoor park
- Indianapolis sailor killed at Pearl Harbor identified
- Cash no longer accepted at campus parking garage
- Officials: Hunting needed at Indianapolis park to curb deer
- Indianapolis woman struck by train after stepping out of car
- Indianapolis car-bus crash injured 2 students, 2 others
- Northwestern parking garage will be used as event parking for Purdue basketball games