FLORA, Ind. (WLFI) - To remember the four girls killed in the Flora house fire a year ago, the community came together to hold a candlelight vigil.
Despite the rain and cold Tuesday evening, the small community honored the four sisters -- Kionnie, Kerriele, Keyara and Keyana.
Family, friends, neighbors and law enforcement gathered for the vigil.
News 18 talked to a neighbor who organized tonight's memorial service. She said the four girls always brightened her day.
"They were always laughing and playing and smiling and waving," said Lisa Boyd. "I tell everyone I could leave my house not having a good day and I'd get to the corner to leave and they'd be like, "Hi!" You couldn't help by wave right back at em. So, we've definitely missed that this year," said Boyd.
Indiana State Police continue to ask people for tips or information in this case. The number to call is 1-800-382- 4628.
- Candlelight vigil held in honor of Flora sisters
- Candlelight vigil brings the Delphi community close
- Purdue University hosts candlelight vigil for Tyler Trent
- Flora fire chief resigns
- Questions linger about Flora fire investigation
- Lafayette community supports Flora fire victims
- Flora fire investigation continues 1 year later
- Flora police are investigating an armed robbery
- Time hasn't healed all wounds in Flora
- Hundreds at vigil honor slain Terre Haute police officer