TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — In early October, the League of Women Voters of Greater Lafayette is hosting a debate for the candidates running for Tippecanoe County Clerk. The candidates are Republican Julie Roush and democrat Vicky Woeste.
The debate will be the same type of format as Wednesday night's Tippecanoe County sheriff's debate. On Sep. 19 Republican Jason Dombkowski and Democrat Bob Goldsmith took the stage to answer questions from several groups at Harrison High School. Topics included staffing shortages at the jail, the drug epidemic and transparency within the sheriff's office.
Questions will come from the Wabash Area Lifetime learning, LWV, WLFI and Harrison and Jeff high school students. LWV member Ken Jones said events like these are unfiltered. You get the chance to learn a lot about the candidates and what type of people they are.
Jones said, "I'm looking forward to just sitting back and also being the voter who's listening to their policies and how they'll run the office."
The clerk's debate is being held at the Tippecanoe County Office Building. If you would like to go, then mark your calendars for Tuesday Oct. 9 at 7 p.m.
- Tippecanoe County clerk's debate scheduled for October
- Where the Tippecanoe County Clerk candidates differ
- Tippecanoe County Primary Sheriff and Prosecutor Debate
- Julie Roush replaces Christa Coffey as Tippecanoe County Clerk
- Candidates discuss future of Tippecanoe County in WLFI's primary debate
- WATCH: Full replay of the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Debate
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- WLFI to broadcast debate between Tippecanoe Co. sheriff, prosecutor candidates
- Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff and Prosecutor debate happening Tuesday
- Four term Fairfield Township Trustee will run for Tippecanoe County Clerk.