DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) -- Vendors didn't let rainy weather stop them from coming out to Canal Parks 30th annual Christmas Festival.
19 local crafters came together to sell their handmade creations for the holiday season. The event was coordinated by Cecilia Henning and Vicki Sickler.
They said the festival has evolved over the years but one thing that will always be a tradition is only selling homemade items.
Many people attend the event to purchase unique items you can't get anywhere else. Henning said this event focuses on supporting the local shops.
“It just means a lot, when I go in, they know my name and they know what kind of things I'm interested in and what kind of things I like and so it’s really just a unique experience to be able to shop local,” said Henning.
Sickler said bad weather wasn't enough to stop them from hosting the event.
“We're here, we're open, we're doing our thing. You know Pioneers didn't stop because of weather and we at the Canal aren't stopping today,” said Sickler.
- Canal Park hosts 30th annual Christmas Festival despite rainy weather
- Volunteers prepare Canal Park for winter
- Delphi Canal Park open for winter
- Mulberry hosts Hometown Christmas
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Fowler bar collapses amid rainy weather
- Take a trip back to the 1800s at Delphi's Canal Days Festival
- Rainy Start to Workweek
- LPD prepares for annual Christmas Parade
- Hanna Center hosts annual Thanksgiving meal