LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Some people who work near the South and Sagamore intersection are looking forward to the intersection re-opening this weekend.
While others said they think opening it back up, is a little pre-mature, because they don't think it is ready yet. The road work will be finsihed but there are still a lot of small projects that aren't finished. Those will cause delays and traffic shifts in other areas.
Venetia Morris is manager at the Vitamin Shoppe and she's ready for an easier drive to work.
"When you look at the reality of what it is getting here, I mean you tell me really...I mean was it fun, was it an easy drive?" asked Morris.
On top of her daily tasks, Morris has also been dealing with reminding customers how to get to her store.
"Just reminding them which ways you can get in, how you can access us because a lot of the times it's not advertised," said Morris.
That's why she was thrilled to hear the South and Sagamore intersection is set to open back up Saturday.
Employees at Beck's Auto Center are looking forward to it as well.
"All of us business owners on 52 are anxious for us to be done and completed and opened up," said President Robert Hancock.
President Robert Hancock knows how Morris feels about the extra stress the project has caused businesses.
"You know, making sure your customers are educated on how to get to us as they change traffic patterns,"said Hancock.
However, he doesn't feel the same about wanting the intersection to open up right away.He thinks waiting would cause less confusion.
"I think they should let it stay closed and let them finish out all the work that needs to be done so the traffic pattern will stay the same," said Hancock.
- Businesses react to South and Sagamore re-opening
- South Street along Sagamore Parkway to open Saturday
- Sagamore Commons ready for new business
- Last summer for Sagamore closures
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopening delayed
- Chipotle coming to Sagamore Parkway
- All 4 lanes of Sagamore Parkway now open
- Salisbury and Sagamore lane restrictions on Monday
- Schedule slips on Sagamore bridge construction
- Semi fire on Sagamore, no injuries reported