CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Carroll County man will spend decades in prison for killing Richard Houchin.
James Haas, 59, was sentenced to 55 years Monday afternoon. Earlier this month a jury found him guilty of murder.
Richard Houchin's body was discovered on August 10th in Deer Creek in northeastern Carroll County.
Investigators said he died from head trauma. According to prosecutors, Haas lived with Houchin's ex-wife.
She decided to go back to Houchin which had upset Haas.
- Burnettsville man sentenced in Deer Creek murder
- Burnettsville man was found guilty in Deer Creek murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for Iowa murder
- Lafayette man sentenced for attempted murder
- Police searching for 4-year-old who swept away in Deer Creek
- DNR releases name of 4-year-old boy missing in Deer Creek
- Four weeks of searching for 4-year-old boy missing in Deer Creek
- WL man charged with attempted murder sentenced to 30 years
- Man charged with murder in triple homicide sentenced
- Frankfort woman gets 45 year murder sentence