WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- Beer lovers, we’ve got plans for you this weekend. Brokerage Brewing Company’s four-day Oktoberfest starts Thursday night. It's the brewery's second year putting on the event.
The event features food trucks, live music and of course lots of locally brewed beer.
For the first time, the brewery is making Sunday a family day. That means you do not have to be 21 to attend the event on Sunday only.
On family day there will be lots of kid-friendly activities, including games, contests and sidewalk chalk coloring.
Stacy Grove, Co-owner of Brokerage Brewing Company, said the brewery strives to make itself a gathering place for people to interact with others.
“So a lot of the events that we do circle around opportunities to meet and connect with people that you might not regularly connect with,” Grove said.
Grove added that Oktoberfest is a great way to get the whole community together.
“When we do something like Oktoberfest, we want to bring our regulars in and the people that we see all the time," she said. "But it’s also an opportunity for them to bring a guest or somebody who might not have visited.”
There is a cover for Friday and Saturday night.
But Thursday and Sunday night are free.
Oktoberfest schedule from Brokerage Brewing Company's Facebook Page
Thursday, September 26th:
Live Music with Greg Jones- 6-8pm
Food Trucks: L Kora, Puritan Coney Island Express and RTB 5-9pm
Friday, September 27th:
Live Music-The Velocity District 5:30-7:30
One Size Fits All Improv Comedy 8-9pm
Food Trucks: Boiler Garden, EMT, Smolder BBQ and Guac Box
Saturday, September 28th:
Pop-Up Market 8am-12pm
Beer and Yoga 10-11am
Pintwood Derby 2-4pm
Stein holding Contest 6pm
Live Music-Wunderlick 8-11pm
Food Trucks: Boiler Garden, Wojo & Mojo Grilled Cheese, EMT, Guac Box 5-9pm
Sunday, September 29th FAMILY FUN DAY:
Family Fun Day
Tippecanoe Homebrewers Circle 2-5pm
Live Music- Riverboat Ramblers 3-4pm
Beer Theology 6:30-7pm
Beer and Hymns 7-8pm
Food Trucks: Igloo Frozen Custard, Puritan Coney Island Express, Guac Box and RTB 2-8pm
- 'Broktoberfest' begins at Brokerage Brewing Company
- Plans for brewing company move forward after concerns are addressed
- Lafayette Brewing Company celebrates 25 years on Main Street
- Thieme & Wagner starts brewing again
- Food Truck Friday: Sheepdog Coffee Company brews a new kind of cafe experience
- Brewing to begin in Logansport for first time in 65 years
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- From banning to brewing, Lafayette business owner to brew family beer recipe
- Couple hopes to open brew-pub in Lafayette
- Purdue, People's Brewing release second university licensed beer 'Boiler Black'