LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette Aviators will take flight with a different pilot next season, but a familiar one. Brent McNeil will return as the Aviators manager for the 2019 season.
In his previous stint McNeil helped the club win the Prospect League championship in 2017. Following the title, the Lafayette Jeff grad accepted a position to serve as pitching coach at Quincy University.
McNeil will replace Will Arnold, who in his lone season guided the Aviators to a last place finish in the West Divison. McNeil doesn't plan on wasting any time in an effort to improve next summer.
"You know I've already reached out to some college coaches, it's a little bit early but I just let them know that I was back and that I'll be reaching out here soon to get some players," said McNeil. "Had some coaches all the way already down from Florida call me today and want to send about three players to us you know already, so the building of the roster is first."
- Brent McNeil returns as Aviators manager
- McNeil powers Mets past Cubs 5-4
- Aviators announce new coach for 2018 season
- Aviation Day gives public an uncommon opportunity
- Lafayette Aviators have a new owner
- Rex spoil Aviators season opener 13-8
- Aviation Day held at the Purdue Airport
- Lafayette Aviators open 2019 season Thursday
- Aviators top Danville 7-6 in home opener
- Lafayette Aviators in need of host families for 2018 season