LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An American flag is one of the greatest symbols of pride for our country. When a flag becomes worn, boy scouts in Lafayette said it should be retired in a proper way.
News 18 took a trip out to Cary Camp and met up with Boy Scout Troop 303 out of Lafayette who is showing us how to retire an American flag for Independence Day.
There was even a cool symbol that appeared in the sky as the event wrapped up! Check out the video above to see the sights and sounds from the flag retirement ceremony.
- Boy Scouts show how to properly retire an American flag this Independence Day
- Girl Scouts learn how to retire American flags
- Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over name change
- Educating people for Independence Day festivities
- 207 American flags honor Indiana veterans
- Holcomb directs flags to half-staff for Patriots Day
- Lafayette Sagamore Council Cub Scouts serves veterans
- First Ouibache Music Festival shows diversity of American music
- LPD retired K9 passes away
- Lafayette doctor defends pharmacies for flagging docs