LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— Boy Scout Troop 303 celebrated their 90th anniversary on Saturday.
The troop was founded in 1929 and was originally called Troop 3.
The name was changed after the troop was changed from a cub scout pack to boy scouts.
Today was an opportunity for former scoutmasters, as far back as the '70s, to come back and fellowship. The event is put on every 10 years.
The troop had activities such as the BB gun range, the pool was open, and a fire starting set plus more.
Troop Leader, JJ Newcome, said this is a great time for everyone to come back together.
"Why we come here is important because it's part of our history," said Newcome. "We have older scoutmasters come. We get to meet people that you get to see every day."
This year for the first time troop 303 will hide a time capsule. Full of historic pieces such as meeting notes from the 1929 boy scout troop.
- Boy Scout Troop 303 celebrates their 90th anniversary
- Troop 801 becomes first female Scouts BSA troop in Lafayette
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over name change
- WSJ: Boy Scouts may file for bankruptcy
- Boy Scouts of America Files For Bankruptcy
- Wabash Center hosts 65th Anniversary Celebration
- Camp Sycamore Valley celebrates 70th anniversary
- Purdue preparing to celebrate 150th anniversary