TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - News 18 is learning more about the efforts to get security costs down for an upcoming Nelly concert in Tippecanoe County.
Nelly and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony are set to perform at the Tippecanoe County Amphitheater on June 14.
As we told you earlier this week, county officials gave promoters an estimate of around $39,000 for security costs. Promoters said an expense that high would cut into the profits.
The two parties met on Thursday to negotiate that number.
EMA Director Smokey Anderson said a cost that they discussed was in the $17,000 range. He said a number of officers were removed from the proposal.
News 18 talked with promoters from the Lafayette Theater as well. They said they are optimistic that progress is being made.
Another meeting is scheduled for June 7 to work out more details, closer to the concert.
Tickets are still available here.
- Both parties work to bring down security costs for upcoming Nelly concert
- Organizers voice concerns over security costs for Nelly concert
- Nelly concert in Tippecanoe County postponed
- Concert will proceed Thursday night without Nelly
- Nelly concert rescheduled for Saturday in October
- Nelly concert scheduled for Oct. 6
- Rescheduled Lafayette Nelly concert officially cancelled
- Organizers re-working plans to bring Nelly downtown
- Nelly to be rescheduled, concert still happening at Lafayette Theater
- What led promoters to postpone the Nelly concert