BOONE COUNTY, Ind (WLFI)—The Boone County Homicide Task Force has identified the body found behind the Zionsville Town Hall as 23-year-old Samuel Thomas Bennett.
Bennett was found near the Zionsville Rail Trail early Sunday morning. According to the Boone County Homicide Task Force, he died from visible gunshot wounds.
The investigation is still ongoing and Zionsville Police are asking the public for information on the incident. You're encouraged to call the Boone County Communications Center at (765) 482-1412 or email: email@example.com
The Boone County Homicide Task Force is investigating the death of a white male found behind the Zionsville Town Hall early Sunday morning.
Zionsville Police responded to multiple 911 calls that shots were being fired near The Rail Trail behind Zionsville Town Hall.
According to the Boone County Sheriff's Office, when police arrived at the scene they were unable to find anything due to early morning darkness.
Police returned later that morning after receiving another call from a resident saying there was a body near the Zionsville Town Hall.
Identification of the individual has not been released.
- Body found behind Zionsville Town Hall identified as 23 year old Samuel Thomas Bennett
- Jillian Mathis pitches shutout, Harrison beats Zionsville
- Jacobsen helps Harrison beat Zionsville 65-60
- HIGHLIGHTS: Zionsville girls beat Jeff for sectional title
- A Statewide Silver Alert issued for Zionsville man
- State police identify 6 bodies found in Logansport house fire
- Body found in Newton Co. identified as West Lafayette woman
- Rodriguez's 23 paces No. 22 Seton Hall past Indiana 84-68
- Body found in Clinton County
- Body found in Newton County