FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI) — Two women's joyride Monday morning caused an entire town to be under a boil order.
Police said about 3:10 Monday morning, officers responded to a call of a car that had driven off the road and hit a fire hydrant, breaking the water line. Police later discovered the car was doing donuts in a Main Street parking lot.
Two women ran away from the crash, according to officers. The car they left behind was a 1995 Mustang registered in LaPorte. Investigators are trying to determine if it was stolen.
The women are believed to be local to Fowler. Clerk Treasurer Cindy Gretencord says all water needs to be boiled until Wednesday Aug. 14.
- Joyride leads to town-wide boil order in Fowler
- Fowler boil order lifted
- Fowler is under a boil order
- UPDATE: Kingman boil order lifted
- Fowler bar collapses amid rainy weather
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Plan for Fowler Avenue Apartments approved
- Beloved Fowler couple's lives taken by crash
- Campus wide power outage reported at Purdue
- Farming equipment knocks out utility poles in Fowler