PULASKI COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A body has been recovered from a home following a fire.
According to our news gathering partners at the Francesville Tribune, several agencies responded to a house fire call near Medaryville. After putting out the fire, a body was recovered by officials working the scene.
The Pulaski County Coroners office is conducting an autopsy and plans to release the name of the person later.
Investigators are still working to determine how the fire was started.
Brian Toosley said he knew his brother would be at the home during the day and was shocked when he heard the news. "He's one of the greatest guys we've ever known. He's a hard worker, dedicated father, You know, we just don't understand it," said Toosley.
Brian Toosley said he called the owner of the home after the fire and believes she lost everything. "She's tore up to you know. She doesn't understand it and she lost every single thing she owns, her house, her vehicle, everything. She went down to Florida to see her grand kids and basically what she took is what she has," said Toosley.
We will continue to follow this developing story and bring you more information as it becomes available.
- Body recovered following a fire in a Pulaski County home
- Coroner has presumed identity of body pulled from Pulaski County house fire
- Man charged with arson and murder after Pulaski County fire
- Cause of death released in Pulaski County fire
- Man's body recovered following Indiana canoe accident
- Body found inside Lafayette home after fire
- Murtaugh home recovering following kidney operation
- Body of missing boy recovered from southern Indiana river
- Crew recovers body of 5th Indiana boating mishap victim
- Body found in Clinton County