BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say they've found the body of a 26-year-old man who was missing in southern Indiana's Lake Monroe after a storm passed over the area.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says conservation officers using sonar equipment found the body of Anup Thota of Bloomington on Sunday evening near where he was reported missing.
The DNR says he was boating and swimming with co-workers Friday evening at 10,000-acre (4,047-hectare) man-made reservoir near Bloomington when a squall hit. After it passed, his friends realized he was missing and called 911. Crews including a dive team searched for him starting Friday.
- Body of missing man, 26, found in Indiana's Lake Monroe
- Private consultant finds body of man missing in Indiana lake
- Body found in E. Indiana river is that of missing man
- Man's body recovered following Indiana canoe accident
- Remains found in western Indiana identified as missing man
- Body of missing elderly woman found in car in Indiana pond
- Body of missing boy recovered from southern Indiana river
- Authorities: Bodies of 2 ice fishermen found at Indiana pond
- Body pulled from Lake Shafer identified
- Body found in Clinton County