SHELBYVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Police say the body found in an attic above an empty apartment in central Indiana is that of a man reported missing nearly a year ago.
Shelbyville police say the body of 44-year-old Derek Beagle was discovered in the attic Monday. He had been missing since November 2018.
Police say there were no signs of foul play surrounding Beagle's disappearance or at the scene where his body was found.
The cause of death hasn't been determined.
The apartment is located in downtown Shelbyville, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) southeast of Indianapolis.
- Body of missing central Indiana man found in attic
- Body of missing man, 26, found in Indiana's Lake Monroe
- Private consultant finds body of man missing in Indiana lake
- Body found in E. Indiana river is that of missing man
- Firefighters put out attic fire after reported explosion
- Man's body recovered following Indiana canoe accident
- Remains found in western Indiana identified as missing man
- Body of missing elderly woman found in car in Indiana pond
- Body of missing South Bend kayaker found along Lake Michigan
- Body of missing kayaker on Tippecanoe River found