NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Newton County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a body found in Jefferson Township. Deputies said a property owner found the body on Saturday around 2:45 p.m.
The victim is believed to be a white female with an unknown age.
Police said the body was found northwest of Kentland. An autposy will be performed for identification.
about two miles Northwest of Kentland by the property owner. Officials are waiting for an autopsy report for identification.
Contact Detective Rowe at (219) 474-5661 with information.
- Body found in Newton County
- Body found in Newton Co. identified as West Lafayette woman
- Missing Newton Co. teen found safe
- Body found in Clinton County
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery
- Semi and train collide in Newton County
- ISP Trooper catches Newton County carjacking suspect
- Newton County Sheriff's Office issues warrant for chase suspect
- Jury finds Newton County man guilty of murder