NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The body found in rural Newton County on March 30 has been identified as 30-year-old Nicole L. Bowen of West Lafayette. As WLFI previously reported, Bowen's body was found about two miles Northwest of Kentland by the property owner.
According to the Newton County Sheriff’s Office, foul play is suspected.
West Lafayette police said they did not have a missing persons report filed for Bowen.
The FBI, along with the Newton County Coroner’s Office, Newton County Prosecutor’s Office, Indiana State Police, Jasper County Sheriff’s Office, Jasper County Coroner’s Office and the Rensselaer Police Department all investigated the death.
This case is an active investigation and further information will be provided as details emerge.
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) April 2, 2019
- Body found in Newton Co. identified as West Lafayette woman
- Body found in Newton County
- Missing Newton Co. teen found safe
- Body found inside Lafayette home after fire
- Missing Lafayette woman found safe
- Woman's warning about a West Lafayette McDonald's
- West Lafayette woman injured in dog attack
- West Lafayette woman facing welfare fraud charges
- Coroner identifies man involved in West Lafayette SWAT standoff
- State police identify 6 bodies found in Logansport house fire