FISHERS, Ind. (AP) — Officials say the bodies of two longtime school district employees have been found at a home in suburban Indianapolis.
Fishers police responding to a report Wednesday night of shots fired found the bodies of a man and woman. Details about the circumstances of the deaths weren't immediately released, but police Sgt. Tom Weger says investigators don't believe anyone else is involved.
Names weren't immediately released. Autopsies were planned.
The Hamilton Southeastern school district described the man and woman as longtime staff members and said classes at Hoosier Road Elementary School and Fall Creek Intermediate School are canceled Thursday for grief counseling. Other schools in the district are scheduled to stay open.
Mayor Scott Fadness says in a statement: "We stand in support of our schools and the teachers and administration."
- Bodies of 2 longtime school district employees found at home
- Body found inside Lafayette home after fire
- Body found in Clinton County
- Body found in Newton County
- Ex-Indianapolis employee files ‘chronic body odor’ lawsuit
- Longtime CEO of Wabash National stepping down
- Longtime educator announces retirement from TSC
- Owner of property where Delphi girls' bodies were found on home detention
- Authorities: Bodies of 2 ice fishermen found at Indiana pond
- Body found in tent at Indianapolis Motor Speedway