CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A boat caught fire on Lake Freeman Saturday evening. Several viewers sent in videos and pictures of the incident.
News 18 called the Carroll County Sheriff's Office. The only information they were able to give was that the call came in around 6:00 p.m. We asked if anyone was injured, they could not answer that question, nor could they tell us how the fire started.
Viewers who were at the lake and saw it happen say that no one was hurt and that emergency teams examined the people or person involved.
They said DNR got on scene soon after the fire started. Don Kirby sent in a video of the fire to News 18. He said the boat burned for six to seven minutes before they got it out. Cathy Russell said it happened just north of the Oak Dale Dam, where she and her family were during the time.
The cause of the fire is still unknown.
This is a developing story.
- Boat catches fire on Lake Freeman
- Lake Freeman weekend boat fire explosion caused by fuel
- One killed in chair lift failure at Lake Freeman
- Child airlifted after wakeboarding incident on Lake Freeman
- Crash on Lake Freeman with DNR officer leads to couple's arrest
- Two airlifted Saturday night in boat accident on Lake Shafer
- People living along Lake Shafer react to boat crash
- Lower levels ordered for Freeman and Shafer to protect mussels
- House catches fire in northern West Lafayette
- Mexican restaurant catches fire overnight in Frankfort