TORONTO (AP) — The Toronto Blue Jays acquired left-handed pitcher Clayton Richard and cash considerations from the San Diego Padres on Sunday for Canadian outfielder Connor Panas.
The 35-year-old Richard was 7-11 with a 5.33 earned-run average in 27 starts for San Diego last season. He is 68-79 with a 4.46 ERA in 10 seasons in the majors with the Padres and Chicago White Sox and Cubs, with a National League-best 60.3 ground-ball percentage over the last four years.
The 25-year-old Panas hit .232 with nine home runs, and 39 RBIs in 105 games last season for the New Hampshire Fisher Cats in the Class AA Eastern League The left-handed hitter from Toronto was selected by the Blue Jays in the ninth round of the 2015 draft.
- Blue Jays acquire left-hander Richard from Padres
- Clayton Richard released by Blue Jays
- David Phelps acquired by Cubs in deal with Blue Jays
- Richards homers, helps pitch Padres over Rockies 7-6
- Blue Jays rout White Sox 14-5
- Tipmont REMC Acquires Wintek Corporation
- White Sox cool off Blue Jays with 4-3 win
- Guerrero Jr. homers again, Blue Jays beat White Sox 5-2
- Richard takes no-hit try into 7th, Padres beat Marlins 3-1
- Richard sets down 18 of 21 in Padres’ 6-2 win over Giants