LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A United States UH60-M Blackhawk provided by the Indiana National Guard visited Tippecanoe County Friday night at Lafayette Jeff's Scheumann Stadium.
The chopper visits high schools throughout the state during football season, supporting military recruiting and community building.
Co-pilot Lt. Bryce Stevenson said the Blackhawk flew from Shelbyville to Lafayette, typically a two hour drive, in about 35 minutes.
You can watch it taking off below.
�� Chopper nearly blew me over ��
A @USArmy UH60-M Blackhawk was at the @BronchoFB game tonight. Flew from Shelbyville to Lafayette (2 hour drive) in about 35 minutes. Incredible power @JeffAthletics @jeff_principal @WLFI pic.twitter.com/0t27ABrmsN
— Trevor Peters (@TrevorPetersTV) September 7, 2019
- Blackhawk blows away crowd at Lafayette Jeff
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 65, Richmond 49 (GBB)
- Jeff softball too much for West Lafayette
- Lafayette Jeff's Jenkins, Washington ink NLIs
- Fraley, Harrison cruise past Lafayette Jeff 5-0
- Central Catholic ready for Furst, Blackhawk Christian
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff wins Girls Hoops Classic championship