TIPPECANOE, Ind. (WLFI) - Early morning black has caused dangerous conditions throughout the WLFI viewing area. There are multiple reports of vehicles slide or the road and jackknifed semis. Officials are asking drivers to be extremely cautious and take their time if they must go out this morning.
Many schools are reporting two-hour delays
US 231 is back open at State Street. Traffic is still moving slowly along State Street into campus. Officers tell us there have been at least 15 slide-offs along 231 this morning.
Clinton County Central Dispatch is reporting northbound US 52 is back open.
- Freezing rain causing dangerous morning driving conditions
- Winter weather causes dangerous travel conditions
- Tracking freezing fog Tuesday morning
- Freezing Rain Tonight (Updated at 4pm)
- Dangerously Cold Conditions Return to Greater Lafayette
- Projected Snow & Sleet/Freezing Rain Totals for Thursday
- Dangerous road conditions raise concern at White Pine Duplex
- Rain causes heavy flooding throughout Tippecanoe County
- Photos: Torrential rain causes area flooding
- Extra patrols to crack down on dangerous driving in March