LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — One week from this Friday the Lafayette Jeff football team to begin the new season. Pat Shanley and the Bronchos to host West Lafayette. In the meantime, one of Shanley's players has decided on where he'll play football next year.
Bishop Johnson has committed to play football for Jeff Monken at Army. The wide receiver recorded 27 receptions for 314 yards and 4 touchdowns last year.
Army won 11 games a season ago including a victory over Navy. The Black Knights thrashed Houston 70-14 in the Armed Forces Bowl.
Johnson chose the Military Academy for both success on the gridiron and for life after football.
"Army's like, opportunities after college and after, you know, you have a guaranteed job, and you'll make money you'll be able to live a good life," said Johnson. "So not only do I love playing football, obviously but I'll be able to have a life after football and that's what matters."
Army kicks off their season at home against Rice on August 30.
- Lafayette Jeff's Bishop Johnson commits to Army football
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- HIGHLIGHTS: Westfield 42, Lafayette Jeff 40
- HIGHLIGHTS: Lafayette Jeff 65, Richmond 49 (GBB)
- Jeff softball too much for West Lafayette
- Lafayette Jeff's Jenkins, Washington ink NLIs
- Blackhawk blows away crowd at Lafayette Jeff
- Fraley, Harrison cruise past Lafayette Jeff 5-0