LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It's a project News 18 has been following for nearly two years, and Tuesday more progress was made on the Loeb Stadium renovation.
The board of works opened bids at its Tuesday morning meeting, and almost 40 bids were made.
The offers cover all parts of the multi-million dollar project. That includes work like masonry, seating and turf.
Mayor Tony Roswarski said he was glad to see a lot of local companies making offers.
"We would always prefer to have local companies do the work, but his is an open bidding process so anybody can bid," he said. "We need that to help control cost and make sure that we get good, competitive bids."
The bids are now under advisement, and a decision will be made in three to five weeks.
Work is scheduled to start the day after the Aviators last home game in August.
- Bids open for Loeb Stadium renovation
- Main Street to close for Loeb Stadium renovations
- Utility work planned for Loeb Stadium this summer
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.
- Loeb Stadium to host Greater Lafayette World Series
- One step closer to a new Loeb Stadium
- Purdue to release survey for Ross-Ade Stadium renovation
- Lafayette 7 Theater re-opens after renovations
- Bids open for Columbian Park penguin exhibit
- Closures coming to Stadium Avenue