LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Bethlehem Holy Healing Temple spent this Easter giving back to the community. The church held its 9th annual Easter Carnival this afternoon.
It's a free event that offered food, clothes, hygiene services, and even a blood drive.
Pastor Brandall Jones created this event after seeing a need in Lafayette.
He said there weren't a lot of options for children of his congregation to enjoy this holiday. Now, this event draws in members of his church as well as hundreds in the community.
He hopes his event continues to grow.
“To serve the community, to yet show love and to not focus on necessary membership but on kingdom building and expanding the kingdom of God all over,” said Pastor Jones.
His goal is to not only provide for people needs in the community but also bridge people together.
“We want to canvas the different communities such as the Country View area, the Cambridge area, Deerfield, Pheasant Run spreading the word to come out, not for church but to enjoy life,” said Pastor Jones.
The event was held from 12 to 5 p.m. Pastor Jones said they expected a crowd of more than 300 people.
- Bethlehem Holy Healing Temple hosts 9th annual Community Easter Giveaway
- Temple Israel holds Shabbat honoring LGBTQ community
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Hanna Center presents 6th annual backpack giveaway
- Lafayette Masonic Temple breaks new ground
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Holy Cross order releases list of accused abusive priests