LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Bethlehem Holy Healing Temple spent this Easter giving back to the community. The church held its 9th annual Easter Carnival this afternoon.
It's a free event that offered food, clothes, hygiene services, and even a blood drive.
Pastor Brandall Jones created this event after seeing a need in Lafayette.
He said there weren't a lot of options for children of his congregation to enjoy this holiday. Now, this event draws in members of his church as well as hundreds in the community.
He hopes his event continues to grow.
“To serve the community, to yet show love and to not focus on necessary membership but on kingdom building and expanding the kingdom of God all over,” said Pastor Jones.
His goal is to not only provide for people needs in the community but also bridge people together.
“We want to canvas the different communities such as the Country View area, the Cambridge area, Deerfield, Pheasant Run spreading the word to come out, not for church but to enjoy life,” said Pastor Jones.
The event was held from 12 to 5 p.m. Pastor Jones said they expected a crowd of more than 300 people.
- Bethlehem Holy Healing Temple hosts 9th annual Community Easter Giveaway
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- Hanna Center presents 6th annual backpack giveaway
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Lafayette Masonic Temple breaks new ground
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Hanna Center hosts annual Thanksgiving meal
- Lakes Area hosts annual Home & Garden show
- Purdue Polynesian Cultural Club hosts annual Luau