WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Conner McMillan inking his national letter of intent with Alabama A&M Friday afternoon.
The home of the Bulldogs is over seven hours away from Oxford.
McMillan was scouted by a current Bulldog golfer while competing in a tournament in Huntsville.
The senior planning on majoring in nutrition with hopes of working at the Olyimpic Training Facility in Colorado Springs, Colorado post graduation.
After looking at schools like IUPUI and Alderson Broaddus University, McMillan made his decision after learning he would have the opportunity to play golf while getting an eduation.
"When I was looking at other schools, it was pick and choose, like it's either going to be golf or it was going to be nutrition, and to have both of those, that really made it super easy to decide even with distance", said McMillan. "That's where I want to be, and it was a huge relief to finally find somewhere that had eveything I wanted, was division one like I wanted, and also the team atmosphere, everything just clicked."
Even though his other choices for school were closer to home, the senior knows that he made the right decision.
- Benton Central's McMillan headed to Alabama A&M
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic vs. Benton Central (BBB)
- Central Catholic, Benton Central capture sectional titles
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- Benton Central girls basketball team head to state
- Benton Central tops West Lafayette 44-39
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton Central 49, McCutcheon 44 (GBB)
- Benton Central hands Lafayette Jeff first loss 42-35
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton Central 76, North White 48 (BBB)