JASPER, Ind. (WLFI) — The Benton Central girls basketball team topped Salem 48-34 to advance to its first state title game since 2011.
The Bison were paced by Audrey Strawsma with 20 points and 14 rebounds, while Emma Fisher tallied nine points, six rebounds, and six assists en route to victory.
The win pushed Benton Central's record to 26-4 on the year. The Bison are set to face Hoosier Conference foe Northwestern in Saturday's state title game.
The Tigers are the defending class 3A state champions. Kathy Layden's team enters state championship weekend ranked number one in the state, with a 26-3 record.
Benton Central and Northwestern did not play each other in the 2018-2019 regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:00 pm from Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
- Benton Central tops Salem, advances to state title game Saturday
- Central Catholic, Benton Central capture sectional titles
- Benton Central tops West Lafayette 44-39
- Lafayette Jeff, Benton Central advance in Franciscan Health Hoops Classic
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton Central wins girls basketball sectional title
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic vs. Benton Central (BBB)
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- Central Catholic falls one game short of state title berth
- Layden, Bostic lead Northwestern past Benton Central en route to state title