OXFORD, Ind. (WLFI) — Alumni from Benton Central High School gathered Friday to share old memories. It was part of the school's 50th anniversary celebration.
The public was invited to a fish fry before several graduates spoke in the school's auditorium.
Dale Butcher organized the event. He said bringing back alumni helps create a vision for current students and the community.
"The more I dug into this, the more people I found that had done wonderful things and so we wanted our students to know about this and our community to know about it," said Butcher.
Butcher said he wants to continue bringing back alumni of Benton Central in the coming years.
- Benton Central celebrates 50th anniversary
- 50th Anniversary 'Welcome Home' luncheon held for Vietnam-Era veterans
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic vs. Benton Central (BBB)
- McCutcheon baseball blanks Benton Central
- Local couple celebrates milestone anniversary
- Wolcott Holds 50th Summer Festival
- Benton Central tops West Lafayette 44-39
- HIGHLIGHTS: Benton Central 49, McCutcheon 44 (GBB)
- Benton Central's McMillan headed to Alabama A&M
- Wabash Center hosts 65th Anniversary Celebration