WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Another person has robbed a Greater Lafayette bank, and again, they are on the run.
A bearded-man walked into a West Lafayette bank, demanded money and got away with an undisclosed amount of cash, according to police. It's the sixth time someone with a similar description has robbed a bank in the area this year.
Police said the latest robbery happened Tuesday about 2 p.m. at the Centier Bank off of Sagamore Parkway. That's the bank in the same shopping area as Payless and Orange Theory.
Police said the person headed north through the parking lot after leaving the bank. Officers searched the immediate area but did not locate the suspect. Lt. Jon Eager said officers were still canvasing the area and interviewing witnesses at 3:40 p.m.
He described the suspect as a male with a slender build. The suspect was wearing a fake beard, a gray sock hat, gray sweatshirt and light colored jeans.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the West Lafayette Police Department at 765 775-5200 or the WeTip hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME.
Police haven't confirmed that any of the bank robberies in the area are connected. They've affected banks in Linden, Lafayette and Hillsboro, and a majority involved fake beards or other costumes.
Police released the photo below that was taken from security footage.
- Bearded bank robber strikes at West Lafayette bank
- Arrest made in West Lafayette bank robbery
- Community members react to bank robber now behind bars
- Bank robber walks into wrong business before he demands cash from Horizon Bank
- Lafayette police investigating Chase Bank robbery
- Vandals strike two West Lafayette businesses
- West Lafayette police are growing their beards to support one of their own
- Bank robber still on the loose; could be connected to previous robbery
- Crawfordsville police investigating bank robbery
- Greater Lafayette Alliance hosts drop-in phone bank