TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — On Sunday, a Battle Ground man was taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries after he was attacked and had his credit card stolen.
Police say they responded to a robbery complaint in the 100 block north of North Railroad Street in Battle Ground.
Deputies arrived to find 57-year-old Michial Pardue suffering from a head injury believed to have been caused by a blunt object.
Pardue had been working on his home with an individual he had hired when he was struck on the right side of his head, requiring him to be taken to a local hospital. He was later released.
After the attack, his credit card was used at various locations by another person.
On Wednesday, deputies located 32-year-old Dakota Horn of Lafayette after an investigation of the incident.
Horn was taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail on preliminary charges of robbery with a deadly weapon, confinement with a deadly weapon, battery causing bodily injury, and intimidation.
Anyone with information about this investigation should contact the Tippecanoe County Sheriff’s Office or call the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78 Crime.
- Battle Ground man allegedly attacked by hired hand
- Fire rips through Battle Ground home
- Two-Story barn fire in Battle Ground
- Battle Ground students get fired up about safety
- Battle Ground woman fights to keep peacocks on her property
- Signs will warn drivers of peacocks in Battle Ground
- Battle Ground Intermediate School hosts annual wax museum
- One-lane bridge in Battle Ground closed for inspection
- Neighbors respond to child abuse case in Battle Ground
- Battle Ground teen killed after car chase with police