BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) - The town of Battle Ground is suing an investment group that promised to fix up an eye-sore hotel along I-65.
The Illinois-based investment group, REI purchased the old Days Inn along I-65 and State Road 43 and promised to renovate it. However, after the company asked for multiple extensions and eventually went quiet, Battle Ground had enough.
On May 11, the town claimed work had stopped and asked a judge to order a demolition. The town is also asking for a receiver, someone to handle and find the funds for the demolition.
REI now has 30 days to file a response. If the company doesn't file a response within that time, the judge can move forward with ordering a demolition.
- Battle Ground sues group that promised to fix up old Days Inn
- Judge orders demolition of former Days Inn in Battle Ground
- Battle Ground partners with Tippecanoe County to develop site of old Days Inn
- Former Days Inn finally demolished
- Former Days Inn demoltion finally begins
- Fire rips through Battle Ground home
- Two-Story barn fire in Battle Ground
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Boil advisory cancelled for Battle Ground residents
- Battle Ground Residents Frustrated over Damaged Sidewalks