BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) - Battle Ground residents are growing concerned due to the condition of the sidewalks.
Angi Lowery-Greene said outside Battle Ground Elementary school, a sidewalk is hard to find.
"it's our responsibility to make sure the kids are safe but I think it's the town's responsibility to put sidewalks in," said Lowery-Greene.
People are upset that the town has done nothing to find a solution, especially when it comes to the safety of their kids.
"For as long as I can remember running around in Battle Ground the sidewalks never reached the second school," added Lowery-Greene.
Mark Pillion, has lived in Battle Ground his entire life. He says the sidewalk situation leaves kids no choice but to walk in the street.
"Somebody mentions something about kids walking in the street, but what are they suppose to do?" said Pillion. "You know, there are no sidewalks..."
Residents said the sidewalks reflecting the most damage are right in the heart of town.
"I mean going along main street that's where a lot of the bad spots are. There's just bumps up and down up and down," said Pillion.
Pillion believes the local government needs to get involved.
"I think it should be the towns responsibility, I mean that's a public access way, I don't think a homeowner should be responsible for that," stated Pillion.
People are starting to wonder if this problem will ever be fixed.
"Maybe it's just become such a norm that it is often overlooked," said Pillion.
- Battle Ground Residents Frustrated over Damaged Sidewalks
- Boil advisory cancelled for Battle Ground residents
- Lafayette resident speaks out over sidewalks
- Battle Ground residents worried over water rate increase
- Battle Ground residents want change for five-way intersection
- Fire rips through Battle Ground home
- Two-Story barn fire in Battle Ground
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Battle Ground students get fired up about safety
- Battle Ground woman fights to keep peacocks on her property