BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) — The Town of Battle Ground, in partnership with the Tippecanoe County Commissioners, took a step toward developing the site of the old Days Inn Hotel off I-65.
“To help develop the area they created a TIF,” said Tippecanoe County Commissioner Tom Murtaugh. “They wanted to extend it past the Battle Ground town limits, meaning a portion of it is handled by the county.”
The TIF will collect increment difference on any increase in property taxes. The money from the TIF will be used to update the infrastructure in the area.
Town leaders hope developing the old Days Inn site which is right next to I-65 will help boost the local economy.
- Battle Ground partners with Tippecanoe County to develop site of old Days Inn
- Judge orders demolition of former Days Inn in Battle Ground
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Battle Ground sues group that promised to fix up old Days Inn
- Former Days Inn finally demolished
- Crews battling house fire in Tippecanoe County
- Trash piles up at Tippecanoe Recycling site
- Former Days Inn demoltion finally begins
- Fire rips through Battle Ground home
- Two-Story barn fire in Battle Ground