BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) -- Students at Battle Ground Intermediate School are putting on their annual wax museum Tuesday.
For the last two months the students have been researching a historical figure of their choice.
On Tuesday, 155 fifth and high ability fourth graders presented speaches, posters and dressed up as someone that made an impact on the world.
Fifth grade teacher Diane Lehman said the kids are usually surprised to learn about the obstacles the historical figures overcame.
"It's a very rewarding opportunity for them to see that everybody overcame different obstacles in their life. Some students didn't go to college but worked their way towards success," said Lehman. "Anytime that we can show students that hard work and perserverance will lead them to great things it's a very worthwhile opportunity."
The presenters performed for the kids in kindergarten through fourth grade during school. Parents also had a chance to see the performance at an evening session.
- Battle Ground Intermediate School hosts annual wax museum
- Intermediate school construction on track
- West Lafayette Intermediate school hosts tour for students
- New WL intermediate school receives name
- School board announces opening dates for West Lafayette Intermediate School
- Haan Museum hosts second annual Celebrate Indiana Festival
- Sunnyside Intermediate School completes its $9 million wing
- West Lafayette Intermediate School celebrates opening of new building
- West Lafayette Intermediate School's first full academic year
- Construction to begin on Battle Ground Middle School