FOWLER, Ind. (WLFI)— A major cleanup is underway in Fowler after the wall of a downtown building suddenly collapsed
The owner of Local Bar, Ed Clark, said the front wall on the upper level of the building just collapsed on Monday. It closed his business and totaled his car.
Police responded within minutes to block off the road before Clark even had a chance to call. Engineers have yet to assess restructuring, which means no decision has been made on whether to tear down or rebuild.
However, wind and rain are suspected to be factors of the damage.
Clark said the community has motivated him to get the bar open as soon as possible.
"There have been a hundred people in here so far today so, yeah I didn't have to call anybody they were here before I needed to. The first responders, the law here in town, the city and the county police they were right on the spot," said Clark. "Local is going to be open. Whether it's going to be in this building, there's going to be a local bar in Fowler, Indiana."
Clark is optimistic about the building and hopes to have the bar open in the same space within the next week.
- Fowler bar collapses amid rainy weather
- Local Bar in Fowler is back up and running after collapsing in February
- Fowler boil order lifted
- Fowler is under a boil order
- Fowler House hosts first Easter Sunday brunch
- Plan for Fowler Avenue Apartments approved
- Rainy Start to Workweek
- Farming equipment knocks out utility poles in Fowler
- Fowler officials want to change the reputation of the area
- Canal Park hosts 30th annual Christmas Festival despite rainy weather