WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — The Big Ten Conference announced that linebacker Markus Bailey, wide receiver Rondale Moore and defensive tackle Lorenzo Neal will represent Purdue at its annual media day July 19 in Chicago. The appearance is the second for Bailey and the first for Moore and Neal.
Bailey, a native of Columbus, Ohio, returns for his senior season after leading the Boilermakers in tackles last year with 115 total stops. He enters his final season in the Old Gold and Black 18th in school history in career tackles (313), tied for 13th in solo tackles (210) and tied for 16th in sacks (12.5). Bailey was voted captain by teammates prior to last season.
Moore, a native of New Albany, Indiana, enters his second year at Purdue after an explosive freshman season. He was named the winner of the Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player, a consensus All-American, the Big Ten Wide Receiver and Freshman of the Year and the winner of the Paul Warfield Award as the nation's top receiver. Moore caught 114 passes for 1,258 yards and 12 touchdowns while breaking the school record for all-purpose yards in a game (313) and a season (2,215).
Neal, a native of Houston, Texas, has been a regular in Purdue's lineup for the past three season. Appearing in 32 career games, he has made 26 starts on the interior of Purdue's defensive line. He had a career-high 30 tackles in 12 games last season and enters his senior year with 63 career stops, including 11.5 for losses and 4.0 sacks. Neal was voted captain by his teammates prior to last season.
In addition to appearing at media day, the trio will be on hand for the John Purdue Club's Boilermakers on the Road event July 18 in Chicago
- Bailey, Moore and Neal to represent Purdue at Big Ten Media Day
- Brohm, Purdue attend Big Ten Media Day in Chicago
- Purdue's Moore named Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week
- Purdue volleyball duo honored by Big Ten
- Purdue volleyball trio garners Big Ten awards
- Purdue women's basketball gets Big Ten schedule
- Purdue football sweeps Big Ten weekly awards
- Purdue softball trio honored by Big Ten
- Vincent Edwards to represent Big Ten in 3-on-3 tournament
- Rondale Moore named co-Big Ten Freshman of the Week