LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) —The Tippecanoe County Coroner has identified the man shot in an overnight shooting at Romney Meadows in Lafayette as 21-year-old Brequan Burglar.
Coroner Donna Avolt said Burglar's cause of death was from a single gunshot to the chest. She said the manner of death was a homicide.
Previous story below:
A man is dead after an overnight shooting in Romney Meadows, according to Lafayette Police.
According to Lafayette Police, officers were called to the apartment complex at 12:40 a.m. on Friday.
They said a man was shot and taken to Franciscan Health East. He later died at the hospital.
Police said the suspect is described as a male with short hair in his late teen to early twenties in a white shirt and jeans. No one has been arrested in connection to the shooting.
Anyone with information about the incident can contact the Lafayette Police Department at 765-807-1200 or the WeTip hotline at 1-800-78 CRIME.
- Man shot in an overnight shooting in Lafayette identified
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight
- Multiple shots fired into Lafayette home overnight
- One arrested after overnight shooting in Lafayette
- Lafayette party ends with one man shot
- Lafayette police investigating 2 overnight stabbings
- West Lafayette Scotty's Brewhouse closes overnight
- UPDATE: Subject of Lafayette police standoff identified
- Man shot in West Lafayette standoff that lasts several hours
- Shots fired at Lafayette apartment complex